What is micro-needling ?
Micro-needling therapy, also called collagen induction therapy, is one of the latest and most advanced techniques to evolve in the aesthetic industry. micro-needling naturally stimulates collagen and elastin production in the skin without further damaging it. an electric pen with fine needles delivers tiny punctures to the skin to trigger cell regeneration. this results in the formation of new tissue layers of elastin and collagen fibers as well as in new capillaries for an improved blood supply. By creating a controlled skin injury, the body triggers a natural healing processes where the micro channel fills with new, healthy cells to improve your skin's appearance. This natural process is medically termed neovascularization and neocollagenisis. The result is improved skin texture and firmness, reduction of wrinkles, acne scars, pigment, pore size, and stretch marks.
benefits of micro-needling
micro-needling is a preferred method of treatment for an array of skin related issues because it is suitable for all skin types and there is minimal recovery time. It is cost-effective, as opposed to current in-office standards such as lasers, injectables, or surgery. Micro-needling can be used on areas of skin that may not be suitable for peeling or laser resurfacing. This is the preferred treatment for several main reasons:
- The procedure is relatively non-invasive, well tolerated by patients, and has minimal downtime.
- Acne scars can be improved by the breakdown of scar tissue and elevation of new fibers
- device can be customized by device speed and depth for different areas of face and body
- Dramatically increases the effectiveness and penetration of active ingredients in topical preparation
- Stimulates circulation and collagen production
- Can be performed on all skin types, including ethnic skin
- Improves skin texture and the appearance of wrinkles
- Stimulates tissue regeneration
- Pore size reduction
- Improves the appearance of stretch marks
what does micro-needling feel like?
Micro-Needing gets a bad rep due to the verbiage in its clinical name, as many people carry a negative stigma towards “needles”. However, this treatment provides optimum comfort and is well tolerated by most people. Patients describe the sensation associated with the procedure as similar to light sandpaper being moved across the skin. It is a quick process that takes 15-30 minutes depending on the size of the area treated.
micro-needling vs other treatments
- safety & efficiency- micro-needling is a safe, non-ablative treatment compatabile with all skin types . there is no heat or chemical damage, but it is just as effective as traditional therapies such as lasers or ipl, This is may be a preferred method to patients seeking treatments that do not cause trauma to the skin.
- simple post-treatment care- you get smoother and younger looking skin without the side effects or downtime of cosmetic surgery and lasers. Sun avoidance is not required after treatments like after care needed for lasers, but protection is always recommended.
- enhance performance of full skin care routine- micro channels created by needling accelerate the skin’s ability to absorb medical grade topicals, allowing easy entry for anti-aging serums and skin lighteners, when applied during or after the treatment.
- multi-purpose treatment- micro-needling can target several skin issues in the same treatment with the customization of antioxidants and infusions.